Wednesday 1 February 2017

THE SAILBOAT CALLED LIFE



Bobbing gaily on the gentle waves
Sprinting, with the rising wind behind,
Free as the bird in the infinite sky
I sail on in the ocean wide!

Though I am but a little sailboat
A mere speck against the darkened sky,
I dare to pursue the golden orb
That behind the horizon reclines.

On and on I cruise along
Enchanted by the beauty so pure,
That's slave to no one's praising eye
In its own worth it’s secure.

I watch the sparkling waters by day
And wonder at the moon by night,
I play with fish that in the corals hide
And make friends with the gulls in flight.

Onto seas unknown I glide along
leaving my nagging doubts ashore,
At peace in my solitary journey
Towards lands pristine and pure.

I brave the rising choppy waves
Sail into waters still and azure,
With boundless faith in my destiny
I'll reach my shore, I'm sure.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment