Wednesday 1 February 2017

LUNAR DESIRES


Bolts of lightening, 
Flaming skies 
My heartbeats thunder 
Enchanting lies. 
Dazzling meteor showers 
Heat up my gasping breaths 
Till ice cold splashes of water 
Disillusion, hissing embers left. 

Why do I need to fall in love 
There's so much love to be had 
A fall is a fall, even in love 
A fall always hurts me bad. 

Passion, a momentary illusion 
Goes up in wisps of smoke, 
A black hole, swallowing spirits 
Leaves nothingness, a soulless core. 
The water is an artful dodger 
Won't thirst for oceans anymore 
Tides will recede on the shingled beach 
Leaving me beached, bleeding sore. 

Gladly I forsake the fickle thunder 
For starlight and a mellow moon 
For fragrance that steals upon me 
Embracing warmth, a safe cocoon. 
For guileless friendly smiles 
That bind me in timeless ties 
For a heart that hears mine whisper 
The songs of life, and replies. 

Why do I need to fall in love 
Just loving I will be 
Happiness is but a soulmate 
God's angel looking out for me! 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment