Wednesday 1 February 2017

THE MOONLIGHT


The plump, white roundness
peeping through the clouds,
Playing a game of hide and seek
Snatching the darkness' shroud.
Unveiling the dark, hidden landscape
Bathing it in ethereal beauty,
Lending a soft, silvery glow
to every bush, and flower, and tree.
The mysterious moonlight beckons me!

Weaving a gossamer, silky web
of silvery strands so delicate and new,
Lends the night a sparkling glow,
Makes diamonds of drops of dew.
The water in the puddles is alive
with tadpoles jumping in glee,
The raindrops glisten and twinkle
and dance in the gentle breeze.
The playful moonlight beckons me!

It soothes the furrows on my brow
and washes away all cares,
It’s gentle, calming, soothing light
chases away my fears.
It’s a soothing balm on my soul
weary with the ways of the world,
Its calming, peaceful energies,
rejuvenates my spirit manifold.
The serene moonlight beckons me! 


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment